Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mitch's Musings: Wine Week, I'm Back!

Where Does The Time Go?
Seems like just yesterday that I was trying to figure out what to get my kids for Christmas and now the first month of 2015 is almost in the history books. Here's a quick update on what we've been up to thus far in '15.
New Wines New Wines and More New Wines
Codey, Eddie and I have been searching out new and exciting wines at every price level. We've put in 118 new wines since the first of the year (just about 4 a day). From $10 everyday sippers, to $300 cellar selections.


(Codey & Giuseppe at a tasting in NYC)
Pop-Up Tasting
AKA- meet the winemaker
In 2015 we started a new series of events called "Pop-Up Tastings". They happen on relatively short notice when we find out that a winemaker that we like will be in town. Our next "Pop-Up" is this Tuesday, February 3 at Ancona's Annex. Join me between 6:30pm and 8:30pm as I welcome producer Giuseppe Vaira from G.D.Vajra for a casual, laid back tasting of G.D. Vajra's stellar portfolio. Giuseppe makes great Barolo, Nebbiolo, Moscato, Freisa, and a KILLER Riesling. By casual, I mean ultra laid-back. This is a great opportunity to unwind, listen to music, chat about wine, and maybe learn a thing or two from the man himself. It's like an open house, come any time after 6:30. See ya there! Questions? email monique@anconaswines.com

Not To Be Out Done
Our beer guru, Julia, Has been on a mission as well. She's increased our beer selection by double digits (35 to be exact) over the past 30 days. In that mix are three new breweries (ok, Thimble Island isn't new this month but I love their coffee stout) from Ct. Pictured are: Black Hog (Oxford), Thimble Island (Brandford), Broad Brook Brewing (East Windsor)



 
Super Bowl Brew Central
 Our beer coolers in both stores are chock full of all you favorite beer beverages (cider too) for your enjoyment during the big game.

Did I mention cheese? We offer a wide variety of cheese for sale in our Ridgefield location. Check out the cheeses that we stock everyday.

      
My New Year's Resolutions
  • Floss twice a day
  • Do push-ups
  • Take more pictures with my camera (as opposed to my phone)
  • Drink more Champagne (to learn more about the region of course)
  • Create these e-mails on a more consistent basis with more pictures and less words.
(Note: numbers 3 and 4 I've combined. I've started a "52 Weeks of Bubbles" project where I photograph a bottle of Champagne each week.... of course I drink it as well) Check out the project so far here.) Check out some of my other pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment