Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mitch's Wine Week: Brewing, Bubbly, and Annex Events

I'm A Slacker(a.k.a. I've been busy playing corn hole and drinking classic lager.) 
Here's a re-cap of the past few weeks. Hope you enjoy!
 
  Jules and Eddie "cooking".
 
Yum?
Chilln'.Hitting the first number.
From 1st to 2nd.
Justin tasting the sludge.
Transfer from 2nd to keg.
We don't need no stinkn' bottles!
Resting until Thursday night.

We Brewed!!
A few months ago my beer buyer, Julia, expressed interest in brewing a batch of beer. After a 4 hour visit with our friends @ Maltose Express we had more than enough info, ingredients, and equipment to get started. One Sunday, Julia, Eddie, and I took over my wife, Deb's, kitchen... #bestwifeever! The "beer" tasted okay after its time in the first fermenter. It tasted even better after it got out of the second. Now it rests in my beer fridge - kegged and ready to pour. Hopefully, we'll have a chance to taste it this Thursday at our "Beer Buyer For A Day Event".

What We Were Shooting For.

Still working on my...
..."52 Weeks Of Bubbles"
and teaching the brave....
...how to saber
My desk at home:
Coffee, Water, Champagne
My Champagne hero!
Contact codey@anconaswines.com to find out why.

I Love Me Some Champage!For some reason, I just can't get enough Champagne in my life.

Our first ever "brunch".

Bloodies to start.

Shiny day at the Annex.

Picture of a picture?

Pro-Pairings with the right touch of vinyl.
Reed Rocks!

Chinon for Days.

Gotta love the Loire.
Nothing says "Happy B-Day Holly" like hostess cupcakes.

Doing the dishes.

Hey, I think we're getting the hang of this whole "events" thing!
I'd like to give a shout out to Reed Collyer, from Collyer Catering. She has done an outstanding job providing us with a sensational array of gourmet goodies for guests to enjoy at our tasting events.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the Ancona's crew. Each event is like a puzzle, and every month my all-star team pulls together to engineer a diverse, entertaining set of events. Thanks, guys!

Want to meet my all-star team? Come to one of our awesome events and see what we're made of. Here's what we have lined up for the next few weeks:

Th. August 20 - Beer Buyer for a Night
Th. August 27 - Fat Cat Wine Tasting 
Th. September 3 - Fab Finds Under $20
Th. September 10 - New Cali Wine Revolution
Th. September 17 - Oktoberfest Beer Tasting

Click here to see Ancona's full calendar of events.
 

I Get A Little Cranky

This is my subtle way of sneaking in a picture of the pups.

It's an elephant....Photo credit: Alex A

No comments:

Post a Comment