Monday, July 30, 2012

Dogfish Head Positive Contact Set: Deltron 3030: Brewery Beats (aka Hip-Hop Hops)

Miles Davis, got it. Pearl Jam, no problem. Deltron 3030!?! I have no idea. It took me twenty minutes and my good friend Google to figure out that Deltron 3030 is an "alternative hip-hop super group" consisting of Dan the Automator, rapper Del the Funky Homosapien and DJ Kid Koala. Um, huh? I used to think that I kept up with current music pretty well, now I just feel old. Anywho, what does Miles, PJ and Deltron 3030 have to do with beer you asked? Well all three (actually Miles' estate) have teamed up with Dogfishead Brewing to create a signature, limited release, brew. Unlike Miles and PJ though, Deltron 3030 went one step further, creating a "house party in a box". The "box" consists of six 750-ml bottles of Positive Contact, with a 10-inch vinyl EP of four new Deltron 3030 remixes created exclusively for this project, and a list of Deltron 3030-inspired recipes from a small group of renowned chefs.  The idea being that you're supposed to invite some friends over, rock the album, drink the beer and whip up a multi-course meal.  Sounds kinda fun right? This is where I would normally describe the beer and how I either liked it or didn't like it. Unfortunately, the release was extremely limited (we only received two boxes) and since it's a "set" I can't really take one of the bottles out for a taste test. I'm just hoping one of the two people that buys the "party in a box" invites me to the party. I'll bring dessert!?! -Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment