Monday, June 8, 2015

Mitch's Musings: Mixed Bag

I Guess They Are Labs
Both pups figured out that the water was a fun place to play. Check out the video on our FB page -- Feel free to "like" us while you're there.

 
Like A Number Between 8 and 10 
When I lived in VT I enjoyed my fair share of Magic Hat #9. This Blonde Ambition Summer Ale from Great South Bay Brewery brought me back to those long Summer nights. Quite enjoyable!
 
Bubble Project Still Bubbling
I'm still enjoying creating images for my  "52 Weeks of Bubbles" project.
Last week it was the classic, benchmark, Bollinger... this week a wonderful "value" champagne, Barone-Fuente. Sub-$35 and it's FANTASTIC!

Catching The Staff Up
At our last staff meeting we tasted through a bunch of new additions to our pick section.
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!
The Green Grass
Best cocktail this Summer thus far.... Mezcal saturated with fresh pineapple syrup and Thai spices with a ginger salt rim. I'm not 100% sure of the exact measurements but in the name of science I'm going to work on figuring then out this weekend.


Thirsty For Thursday
I was glad to supply a few "adult" beverages for this weeks RBC Thirsty Thursday ride. Hosting was Susi Laura Manheimer owner of Susi Laura Massage (pictured w/ me) and helping with the post ride refueling was Robert Byrnes from the Cakebox (hiding).


A Snapshot Of Riesling
Last week we held a Riesling seminar at our Ridgefield store.
My favorite was the Von Winning, 3rd from the right.
This coming week (June 11th) we have our Grande Dame Rose tasting @TheAnnex
Who:
All of you, Codey, Holly and myself.
What: A fun and educational sit-down tasting of some of the best roses in the WORLD!
Where: The Annex - contact Monique if you are unsure where it is.
When: June 11th @ 6:45pm
Why: Because we love Rose! It's also a great way to taste top quality rose without having to splurge for the whole bottle.
How: Contact Monique to make a reservation. Then show up at
The Annex at 6:45, June 11th.

After that:
June 18th Saison Beer Tasting with Julia

My Own MacGyver-ism
Fixed the hole that the pups put in the wall with a sheet of plexi and a little liquid nail. And my wife says that I have no handy-man skills!?!
Until next week...be safe and drink well!

No comments:

Post a Comment